Welcome

Welcome to my technology on the go Blog! This Blog will be used as a creative way for me to journal and document my learning through the Mesquite ISD's 23 things class. Please feel free to comment and give feedback at all times! Stay as long or as little as you'd like! And... thanks for visiting!



Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Thing #5: RSS feeds

I have put the NCTM (National Council for Teachers of Mathematics) Illuminations page in my reader. I have found many games that spread the K-12 grade levels. What a GREAT free page to have stored on my internet! The Illuminations page isn't just games though... it is a resources page for teachers of mathematics. Not only does it have the games that I wrote about, it also contains actual lessons that teachers can use in the classroom. The RSS feeds is a fantastic way to keep up with what is new on my favorite site. I must admit that I haven't been very good at checking it yet, but hopefully in the following days, I will get better at that! ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Great feed! I can't wait to show it to my math teachers when school starts back up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tara! I really like the NCTM site, it is full of ideas for us in the classroom, and I have bookmarked that site in my delicious folder. I wanted to share this site with you:

    http://www.speedofcreativity.org/2010/07/08/phenomenal-math-curriculum-makeover-video-by-dan-meyer/

    It is a really neat video about revamping our pedagogy style of teaching math. It describes how to incorporate real world situations, and bring them to our classrooms to help our students become patient problem solvers, and build math reasoning skills. The video is 12 minutes long, and I hope you take a little time to watch it. Please let me know what you think!

    http://msbalconi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I took a little break from blogging (oops), but I will look at it soon and let you know my thoughts! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete