Welcome

Welcome to my technology on the go Blog! This Blog will be used as a creative way for me to journal and document my learning through the Mesquite ISD's 23 things class. Please feel free to comment and give feedback at all times! Stay as long or as little as you'd like! And... thanks for visiting!



Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Thing #2: Thoughts about Web 2.0

My thoughts about Web 2.0 are a little all over the place. I think that using technology in the classroom can be so beneficial in so many ways, but after reading "A Day in the Life of Web 2.0" by David Warlick, I wonder if we will ever truly be able to get there. There is always something holding us back. It could be money to buy the software, hardware or services that we need, it could be the people who are resistent to change with the times, and it could be a fear that we won't be able to do it! While I do hope that one day we will reach our goals of being a Web 2.0 classroom, school, or district, the obstacles seem to be overwhelming.

When you look at our students, we know that they deserve the opportunities that this kind of learning can provide, so now the question is... What can we do to overcome the obstacles in front of us? What other obstacles might we face that I haven't listed? Any ideas on how to overcome those obstacles? Lots to think about on this journey!

2 comments:

  1. One of the other problems with technology in the classroom, is being able to still value the thinking process without just handing over the technology and believing the students know everything they need to get the job done. It's a fine line we have to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ma'am! I believe that the students know a great deal about using the computers and the internet, but I'm positive that they still have things to learn! My life-long learning will help me in the process hopefully!

    ReplyDelete